There are some people that you might be drawn to. You may be attracted to a specific attribute or just have an emotional pull to them. I see people again and again stay in relationships or continue to date someone who is just not very tentative or nice. But how do you know the difference between the ones that got away and the ones that didn’t? There really are plenty of fish in the sea.
Remember the ones that didn’t get away include:
- The one that is going after your friend, but tells you they liked you first while your friend goes to the bathroom.
- The one that sends you a half-naked picture they took in the mirror via text. Then says’ “your turn.”
- The one that can only seem to find time for you when it is convenient for them.
- The one that you know is somewhat of a player, but you disregard all the advice and signals. (mostly because you are an idiot)
- The one that will hook up with you then not contact you again until the next drunk dial.
- The one that still contacts you even though they are in a relationship.
- The one who says the last book they read was by Tucker Max.
The Cynical Therapist came to be when two therapists became friends. SoulMates or Kindered Spirit Animals... Call us what you will.... We are two bad*** chics Licensed to teach you how to grow into your full potential and add some humor along the way.
Laurie Wilson and Elle Anzalone are both Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist practicing in Huntington Beach, CA.